Cider-brined Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apple-sauerkraut Slaw. Meanwhile, drain the pork tenderloins and cut them in half crosswise; discard the brine. Pat the pork dry and season lightly with salt. Add half the pork and cook over moderately high heat, turning, until browned all over.
Fill in the gaps with the sauerkraut. I'm not gonna lie, this cider-brined pork tenderloin with roasted apples and carrots is ridiculously delicious! Apple cider pork tenderloin is a great quick cook on the smoker - brining first keeps the meat moist during it's smoke bath. You can cook Cider-brined Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apple-sauerkraut Slaw using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cider-brined Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apple-sauerkraut Slaw
- Prepare of For the pork.
- Prepare 2 cups of Apple cider.
- It's 3 tablespoons of salt.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- You need 2 teaspoons of caraway seed.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black peppercorns.
- You need 1 of pork tenderloin(1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds).
- You need of For the slaw.
- It's 1/4 cup of Apple cider.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coarse-grain mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 16 ounces of sauerkraut.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper chopped.
- It's 1 of carrot shredded.
- It's 1/2 of small sweet onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery chopped.
Trim the tenderloin from any large pieces of fat or membrane and place in a large ziptop bag. Pour in the cooled brine, seal the bag then place in the. A simple apple cider brine is the secret to this juicy, succulent, flavor-packed pork loin recipe. A few ingredients put this dish together in the morning.
Cider-brined Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apple-sauerkraut Slaw step by step
- In a saucepan combine Apple cider, salt, bay leaves, garlic, caraway and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup ice. Let cool..
- Make the pork.
- Trim silver skin off pork. Place in resealable plastic bag and pour in brine. Squeeze air out and seal. Place bag in refrigerator for 6-8 hours..
- Make slaw.
- Whisk together the Apple cider, olive oil, vinegar, caraway, mustard and salt. Add sauerkraut, bell pepper, carrot, onion and celery. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours..
- Finish pork.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Remove pork from brine and pat it dry with paper towels (discard the brine). Rub the pork with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the pork on all sides until lightly browned. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until 145 F. Let rest 10 minutes..
- Thinly slice pork and serve on top or along side the slaw..
Roast Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Dijon Pan Sauce - Déjà Vu to You Too. I've used pork tenderloin in several So, I'm not going to bore you with why I love this cut of pork again. I'm sure you don't want to hear how it needs almost no trimming, and cooks in only.. Sauerkraut And Apples Recipes on Yummly Our perfect roasted pork tenderloin recipe guarantees juicy, fork-tender pork.