Cabbage and Ham. Fried Cabbage and Ham (SO delicious and so easy too!!) You can use bacon or sliced ham. I like using a small ham steak, diced. Fry the diced ham up first. (with olive oil and butter) Once it's.
It's super easy to make, only three ingredients. Ham, potatoes and cabbage. you just can't go wrong! You must start this dish in the morning. You can have Cabbage and Ham using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage and Ham
- Prepare 1 of medium head of green cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ham pieces.
- It's 2 quarts of water.
- It's 2 tablespoons of salt.
You can make the dish faster by using water and turning up the heat, but then you lose all the flavor. Cabbage soup may not sound like the most exciting meal, but trust me this version with ham, carrots Cabbage soups are popular around the world and became very popular thanks to the cabbage soup. My family loves ham and cabbage. Makes the meat fall of of the bone and the bones add a lot of flavor.
Cabbage and Ham step by step
- Add the ham to the pot and heat for five minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil. Add the cabbage and salt stir well. Boil for 1 hour covered stirring occasionally..
- Keep stirring occasionally. Taste from time to time after an hour check the tenderness. If tender cover and remove from heat. Let rest for 15 minutes covered..
Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! Ham, Potato & Cabbage Soup. to favorites. The best version used leftover spiral-cut ham instead of packaged cooked hamsteak, added a bit more of it, as well as extra potato. Made with fresh cabbage, cucumbers, ham, corn, and scallions, this tasty and crunchy Cabbage and Ham Salad is packed with vitamins and makes a quick lunch or side dish. I love the way cabbage gets meltingly tender in soup and this Instant Pot Low-Carb Ham and Cabbage soup is such a winner!