Chicken and Cabbage Soup. I had chicken breasts and cabbage on hand. I put these two ingredients in the search bar and this soup came up. I had everything else in the recipe except white pepper.
This hearty cabbage soup with chicken, pork and lots of vegetables is a simple one pot meal. Great comfort food for a cold winter evening. Keywords: best cabbage soup recipe, cabbage soup ingredients, Cabbage Soup with Chicken and Pork, chicken soup with cabbage, simple cabbage. You can have Chicken and Cabbage Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Cabbage Soup
- It's 8-12 of chicken thighs with skin and bone.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery sliced.
- Prepare 6-8 of carrots sliced or 1 small bag of baby carrots.
- You need 1 bunch of parsley chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- It's 2 of whole garlic cloves minced.
- It's 1 head of cabbage shredded.
- Prepare 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need to taste of Garlic salt.
- It's 2 Tbs of dried Oregano or to taste.
- It's 2 Tbs of dried Basil or to taste.
- You need 2 Tbs of dried Thyme or to taste.
- It's 2 Tbs of garlic powder.
Add cabbage and lemon slices to the broth/rice. Add chicken, parsley, salt, white pepper and cayenne. Simmer until the chicken is heated. Earthy green cabbage mingles with moist shredded chicken, chicken sausage, and broth-soaked potatoes.
Chicken and Cabbage Soup instructions
- Boil chicken in a large stock pot.
- Remove chicken and add all of the ingredients to the pot..
- Simmer on low..
- Remove the chicken from the bone. I discard the veins, skin and any other fat on the chicken..
- When finished, add the chicken to the pot. Continue to cook for another 30-45 minutes. You may want to taste and add more of the seasoning..
Sea Salt's Tomato and Red Cabbage SoupGluten Free Momma. Beetroot And Red Cabbage Soup With Pistachio CremeExceedingly vegan. A quick video recipe by Chef Scott Velasquez on how to make Chicken & Cabbage Soup. I really love the soft, sweet napa cabbage in this soup. Use an ample amount of the large, thick outer leaves.