Vanilla Sponge Cake With Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
You can cook Vanilla Sponge Cake With Chocolate Buttercream Frosting using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Sponge Cake With Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- You need 110 grams of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 110 grams of castor or granulated sugar.
- You need 110 grams of unsalted butter or margarine.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It's of For the frosting:(adjust accordingly)-Optional.
- You need 200 grams of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 400 grams of castor/icing sugar.
- Prepare of Chocolate chips.
- Prepare of Brown food color.
- It's of Green food color-for the border.
- It's of Vanilla extract.
- It's of Water or milk.
Vanilla Sponge Cake With Chocolate Buttercream Frosting instructions
- Get your ingredients ready. Grease your pan and preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius(350 degrees F, or 160 degrees fan for gas ovens).
- Sift your dry ingredients together..
- Melt your butter. Beat your eggs and add in the melted butter. Add in the essence.
- Create a well in the middle of your flour mixture and add the wet ingredients in half..
- Mix till smooth. Do not over-mix..
- Pour your mixture into the greased pan. Place it in the preheated oven and put it in the middle..
- Bake if for 25-30 min or till the toothpick comes out clean.(different ovens have different settings).
- For the frosting: Melt your chocolate chips. Sift your icing sugar and mix with the butter/margarine. Pour a few drop of the brown food color in a few drops of water or milk. Add the food color mix and chocolate chips to the buttercream. Mix well till you get a smooth consistency. Finish the look with some sprinkles and a green border..