Orange fruit cake with chocolate frosting. Place chopped bittersweet chocolate in medium metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Another delicious recipe to share with you all! It's a perfect combination of orange and chocolate! This cake happily reminds me of my grandmother Morgan. You can have Orange fruit cake with chocolate frosting using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange fruit cake with chocolate frosting
- You need 1 stick (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of finely grated fresh orange zest.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain yogurt/sour cream.
- It's 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 of / tsp salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/4 cup of raisins mixed with sultans.
- It's of For the frosting.
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- It's 3 cups of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 3 tbs of milk or heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chopped and melted (optional).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
She always had a cake baked and ready to serve any time her I've frosted this cake with chocolate buttercream frosting but plain vanilla buttercream is great on this cake too or add a little orange zest to it for some. First, I was thinking about making an orange cake with cranberries in it. So if you don't have the time to cook the filling, I suggest following. This scrumptious orange cake has amazing texture and vibrant orange flavor.
Orange fruit cake with chocolate frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan and line bottom with wax paper, then lightly butter paper. Beat together butter, sugar, and zest in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until just incorporated. Whisk in the yogurt and orange juice, then add remaining ingredients, whisking until just combined. Transfer batter to baking pan and bake in middle of oven until golden and a wooden.
- Beat the butter with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Add the sieved and mixed confectioners sugar and cocoa in 3 parts while beating with the hand mixer.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Add milk or heavy cream to achieve your desired consistency.
- Lastly add your melted chocolate and mix well.
Garnish the cake with some orange zest, chocolate curls, or chopped nuts. Frost the cooled cake. *Beat in approximately one-third of the flour mixture, one-half orange juice, another one-third of the flour. This fragrant and moist Orange Coconut Cake with Orange Frosting is a winner. The flavors of orange and coconut are simply delightful together. Even though I am not much of a frosting person, I have say the frosting makes the cake.