Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and whipped cream icing. Check out the COOLEST Cake-Nerd website around: www.mycupcakeaddiction.com. This Chocolate Ganache is so easy to prepare with only two ingredients - chocolate & heavy whipping cream! Back when I first started baking from scratch, there were two things I was intimidated to make for the first time - chocolate ganache and homemade whipped cream.
To assemble the cake, run a round-bladed knife. Frost this cake with whipped cream icing, then drizzle with chocolate ganache. Try this for Valentine's or Easter or any time you want a grand Go too far and whipped cream will be dry looking or turn into butter. You can have Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and whipped cream icing using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and whipped cream icing
- It's 1 of &1/2 cups self raising flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsweetened coco powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 2 tsp of instant coffee.
- You need 1 of &1/2 cups icing sugar.
- It's 4 of large eggs at room temperature.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 tsp of chocolate essence.
- You need 6 tbsp of butter /magerine.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/4 cups milk.
Spread smoothly over angel food cake. Chocolate ganache, that amazing chocolate concoction we use for everything from truffles to Well, yes and no! Knowing how to make chocolate ganache — thick or thin, whipped or smooth The chocolate ganache that glazes your cakes and pastries is the same chocolate ganache that you Glazes and icings will require a thinner consistency which translates to a higher percentage of cream. This heart-shaped Chocolate chiffon cake is filled with chocolate whipped cream and then covered with a layer of shiny chocolate ganache.
Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and whipped cream icing instructions
- Assemble all your ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, coco powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda and instant coffee.
- In a another bowl, mix together icing sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy..
- Add in vanilla and chocolate essence and mix, then add in the eggs one at a time as you continue to mix..
- Add milk and the dry ingredients in 3 portions, beginning and ending with milk..
- Bake in a 175°C preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean..
- Place the cake on a cooling rack to cool completely then cut it into two equal pieces.
- Put a generous dollop of whipped cream frosting on one piece and even it out. Then place the other pieces on top..
- Pour the ganache on the cake and ensure the cake is completely covered..
- Decorate with frosting as desired.
- The inside should look like this... Enjoy!.
I have filled the chiffon cake with a chocolate whipped cream, made with unsweetened cocoa powder, which I think pairs very nicely with the lightness of. Sweet and creamy two-ingredient white chocolate ganache whipped cream is perfect for any recipe where you'd use whipped cream. I've always loved whipped cream based frosting on cakes. I love how light and airy it is. I know not everyone loves whipped cream frosting but this two ingredient.