Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting. Vanilla buttercream is my first choice- I love sweet, creamy vanilla with chocolate cupcakes and sprinkles. Kids love these as birthday treats, too. If you want to take it a step further, try swirled frosting instead!
A real buttercream frosting takes little time to make, can be tinted with food coloring (use paste or gel, not liquid food color), and will hold up to one week if tightly covered and refrigerated. Use a real vanilla; imitations are not recommended. If you can find a vanilla bean paste it's well worth the investment. You can cook Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted.
- It's 3 tbsps of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking soda and 1 tsp baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's For of the Chocolate frosting:.
- It's 100 gms of dark chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 100 gms of heavy cream.
An easy recipe for vanilla cupcakes topped with a simple vanilla buttercream frosting. These cupcakes are perfect for any occasion! Vanilla cupcakes may seem a little boring, but I think it's good to have one in your recipe collection that you can use over and over again. Basic butter cream or American buttercream is an easy cupcake frosting to make.
Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a 12-cup cupcake/muffin tin with cupcake liners and light grease them with oil..
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add in the oil, and vanilla and whisk smooth. Add in the sugar and whisk until well combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition..
- Sift the dry ingredients in a large bowl with a large sieve and add in to the wet ingredients and lightly combine them with a whisk before beating them into the mixture. Whisk in the milk and whisk the batter smooth..
- Divide the batter among the lined cupcake moulds, filling them 3/4th of the way full. Bake for 20-22mins or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting..
- For the Chocolate frosting:.
- In a large saucepan, boil the heavy cream just until it comes to a simmer. Remove it from the flame and pour it over the chocolate and then let it sit for around 2 minutes. Give it a good mix and refrigerate for about 20 mins. Then using an hand mixer, beat the mixture until it thickens. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, spread the frosting over the cupcakes or use a piping bag to pipe it into decorative swirls. Store these cupcakes in the fridge, covered, for upt.
Today we will look at the basic recipe and some of my favourite variations. Add the vanilla and icing sugar and beat until smooth. Lemon Buttercream Frosting for Cupcakes Recipe. These yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting are super moist with a buttery flavor and golden color. I have a favorite chocolate cake recipe, but a really good vanilla or white cake recipe has eluded me for quite some time.