Red velvet cake and Icing. This recipe produces the best red velvet cake with superior buttery, vanilla, and cocoa flavors, as well as a delicious tang from buttermilk. My trick is to whip the egg whites, which guarantees a smooth velvet crumb. Both our chocolate cake and red velvet cake use buttermilk, but buttermilk is a required ingredient for red velvet cake.
With it's stunning red, velvety texture, it's always a winner. The key to Red Velvet Cake is good quality food coloring. Using the little liquid bottles you can buy from the grocery store just won't work. You can have Red velvet cake and Icing using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red velvet cake and Icing
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Sifted flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cocoa.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 of red food coloring.
It was developed by the Adams Extract company in Gonzales, Texas. Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa. View top rated Red velvet cake and icing recipes with ratings and reviews.
Red velvet cake and Icing instructions
- Sift flour,sugar,baking soda,salt, and coca together. Add buttermilk, oil, vinegar, vanilla eggs and food coloring in order and mix throughly. Bake in 2 layer pans grease and flour. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes..
- For Icing.
- 1 stick butter, 18oz. package of cream cheese, 1 box confectioner sugar. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup chopped pecans..
- Soften butter and cream cheese at room temperature. Cream well add confectioner sugar continue beating until creamy. Add vanilla and pecans, spread on cake..
There is something so elegant about a red velvet cake. Maybe it's the name or that beautiful, bold red color. Or maybe it's the delicate crumb and lightly chocolatey sweet taste mellow with a tad bit of tang from the. A Red Velvet Cake is instantly recognizable with its bright red color offset by a white Cream Cheese Frosting. There are many theories as to its origin.