Sauerkraut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
You can have Sauerkraut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- It's 2/3 cup of shortening.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar or equivalent of sugar substitute, such as splenda.
- Prepare 3 of eggs or equivalent of egg substitute.
- It's 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 cup of water.
- It's 1 1/4 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 cup of sauerkraut, drained.
- It's 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
- It's 1/4 cup of butter or margarine, softened.
- You need 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
Sauerkraut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Beat shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition..
- Combine flour & next 4 ingredients in medium bowl; whisk together. Add to shortening mixture alternately with water, beginning & ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Fold in sauerkraut. Pour batter into a greased 13x9 cake pan..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack..
- For Frosting: Beat cream cheese & butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended after each addition. Add vanilla. Beat until blended..
- Spread Frosting on cooled cake. Serve..