Easy Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting. Classic red velvet cupcakes with a luscious cream cheese frosting. Adapted into little red cupcakes and topped with a dollop of cream cheese frosting, they make for a colorful and tasty dessert for late winter picnics and are especially sweet for Valentine's. The cream cheese frosting plays off of that and adds sweetness.
It comes together almost like a quick bread: stir the dry ingredients together, stir the. These red velvet cupcakes come together quick and easy! A one-bowl recipe that produces homemade red velvet cupcakes that are bakery-style soft and fluffy I topped these cupcakes with a simple cream cheese frosting that complimented the cupcakes well without overpowering the flavor. You can have Easy Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting
- You need 150 g of Redman Super Sponge Cake Mix.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of cocoa powder.
- It's 3 of large eggs.
- You need 30 g of buttermilk.
- It's 30 g of butter, melted.
- Prepare of Red food coloring.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Prepare 1 block of Philadelphia cream cheese (250g).
- It's 6 tbspn of castor sugar (i used fine table sugar).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It's 4 of tbpn whipped cream.
The tangy cream cheese frosting perfectly complements the red velvet flavor, as do the mini chocolate chips. A bit of food trivia is that scratch red velvet cake starts out similar to a chocolate cake in that you add cocoa powder (not as much as a chocolate cake has) plus red food coloring. Great recipe, very easy to make! I didn't have buttermilk so I subbed it out with natural yogurt and normal.
Easy Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Put in the cake mix, cocoa powder, eggs and buttermilk into mixer bowl. Whisk using medium speed for 3 minutes. Then high speed for 8-10 minutes..
- Fold in melted butter. Followed by red coloring. I used Wilton's gel..
- Scoop into cups. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 150 deg cel, depending on oven. Or till toothpick comes out clean. Once done, cool completely on cooling rack..
- Whisk cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed for 1 minute. Then high speed till sugar dissolved..
- Stir in whipped cream, flattening any air holes in the cream cheese..
- Pipe out on cooled cupcakes. I used Wilton's 2D tip..
Our easy version of Red Velvet Cake starts with a cake mix and uses the "one bowl" method of combining all the ingredients at once to make the batter. Make it even easier by purchasing a container of cream cheese frosting instead of preparing the frosting from scratch. My red velvet cake recipe is one of the most popular recipes on this blog. Sift in half the powdered sugar and beat to combine. Use a wooden skewer and more red food coloring to decorate to your liking.