Red Velvet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing and Cherries.
You can cook Red Velvet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing and Cherries using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing and Cherries
- It's 180 grams of butter (softened).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tbsp of red food colouring.
- Prepare 1 of fresh cherries to serve.
- It's 250 grams of cream cheese (softened).
- Prepare 60 grams of butter (softened).
- Prepare 1 cup of icing sugar mixture.
- It's 2 tsp of orange zest.
- You need 2 tsp of orange juice.
- You need 2 each of eggs.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
Red Velvet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing and Cherries step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line round cake tin with baking paper..
- Beat 180g butter,sugar and vanila in large bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition..
- Sift flour and cocoa together. Add flour mixture and buttermilk, in batches,until well-combined (start off with flour them buttermilk,alternating and finishing with flour)..
- Add vinegar, baking soda and food colouring. Stir to combine then spoon mixture evenly into cake pan. Use back of spooon to smooth surface..
- Bake in oven for 25-30 mins r until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 mins before turning into wire rack to cool completely..
- To make icing: Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add icing sugar,orange zest and juice thenbeat until well-combined..
- Place cake in turn table or keep on wire rack with tray underneath. Cut little bit of top off to smooth out (keep for crumbing). Ice whole cake and gently cover top and sides with crumbed cake top. Sprinkle cherries evenly and transfer to serving plate. Refrigerate to set cream cheese icing and serve when ready to eat..