brownies with fudge icing. These brownies combine the best of both worlds: the fudge brownie's ultra-moist texture, and the nice rise of a cake brownie. Fudge icing: Melt the chocolate, butter, golden syrup, vanilla and coffee essence in a saucepan. Once melted put in fridge to cool for an hour, until it's thick and can be spread over the brownies.
We've had fudge (of course!) and blondies but never the peanut butter ones. When I came across this recipe, I knew I'd have to make them Of course, my grandmother's peanut butter fudge icing had to be in on the baking as well and the combination of the two turned out an absolutely drop dead brownie! These Fudgy Chocolate Brownies have a rich and deep chocolate flavor and dense fudge-like texture. You can cook brownies with fudge icing using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of brownies with fudge icing
- You need of brownies.
- It's 6 oz of unsweetened baking chocolate.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of softened butter, divided.
- It's 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare of fudge icing.
- It's 1 1/2 oz of unsweetened chocolate.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla.
FUDGE ICING: In a small bowl, beat melted butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla until blended. Add powdered sugar and water, and beat (by hand with a wisk) until spreading consistency. Fudge Icing goes perfectly on so many desserts. Fudge Icing goes perfectly on so many desserts.
brownies with fudge icing step by step
- preheat oven to 350 and spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray..
- melt chocolate with 3/4 cup butter and salt..
- beat remaining 3/4 cup butter. add sugar and beat well. slowly add eggs, then vanilla..
- slowly add chocolate. add flour, and mix until just blended..
- spread in prepared pan and bake 25-29 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean..
- cool 30 minutes on wire cooling rack..
- in saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate, sugar, cream, and salt. heat until slightly thickened..
- when thickened, pour into bowl of stand mixer. beat on medium high speed until cool, about 5 minutes. add vanilla and beat 1 additional minute, then spread over brownies..
Get this heirloom fudge icing recipe that is sure to become a family favorite. For as long as I remember, this Fudge Icing has been a special part of my Grandmother Verdie's recipe collection. Complete nutrition information for Double Fudge Brownie with Icing from Panera including calories, Weight Watchers points, ingredients and allergens. Fudgy fudge brownies that will take you back to your childhood. These are just like the Little Debbie brownies!