You can cook Mussels Marinara using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mussels Marinara
- It's 1/2 tablespoon of salt and water to cook the pasta.
- Prepare 8 ounces of linguine- cook by the package directions.
- It's 1/2 of of an onion -- finely diced.
- You need 1/2 of each jalapeno -- finely diced (with seeds makes spicier -Your choice:).
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic -- finely chopped.
- You need 4 of each mushrooms sliced.
- It's 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes- quartered- or a cup of diced tomatoes.
- It's 1 ounce of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dry,thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dry,oregano.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (If you like a slightly sweeter sauce adjust at the end:).
- Prepare 1 cup of clam juice.
- You need 1-1 1/2 pounds of mussels cleaned - no dead ones.
- It's 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 ounce of basil - fine chiffonade/ribbon cut.
- It's as needed of Parmesan.
Mussels Marinara instructions
- Clean mussels- they should be closed, and if anything is hanging off pull and cut seaweed or beard. If open tap on counter three or four times to see if it closes. If it stays open throw it away. Dead shellfish will make you very sick..
- Place a 4 quart pot on and fill with 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil add a 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- In a 4 quart pot, cook off pasta and set aside.
- Add the thyme,oregano, pepper, salt, sugar and clam juice and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add mussels and tomato sauce Cover and cook until mussels have opened about 10 minutes. Discard any mussels that have not opened after that. Toss in basil and adjust seasonings if needed..
- Mix the mussels and sauce with pasta and serve Parmesan on top as you like..
- Note -I like adding peeled shrimp and scallops to make a Seafood Marinara I add them at the same time as I add the mussels. The scallops should be firm and the shrimp pink..