Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream).
You can have Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream)
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- It's 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of cocoa powder (I use unsweetened).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 of vegetal oil.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla paste/ extract.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of expresso powder.
Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream) instructions
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Mix dry ingredients (Coffee wont add any flavor, it will only enhance the chocolate flavor).
- Mix wet ingredients and add them to the dry mixture..
- Mix in medium speed (just as necessary).
- Divide into 2 (or more) pans depending on size. (I used 2 pans of 8' each for the cake in the picture).
- Cook for 30-35 minutes. DONT OPEN OVEN DOOR until the 30 min mark and then check with a knife..
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool and assemble..
- Look for my buttercream recipe to fill it and top it!!.