Chocolate Shrtbread Cookies Filled with Caramel Buttercream.
You can cook Chocolate Shrtbread Cookies Filled with Caramel Buttercream using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Shrtbread Cookies Filled with Caramel Buttercream
- It's of For Cookies.
- Prepare 1 cup of plus 2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 6 ounces of unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks).
- It's 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It's of granulated sugar for rolling.
- You need of For Filling.
- Prepare of my caramel buttercream frosting in my profile.
- It's of For Topping.
- It's of grated milk chocolate.
- You need of course salt flakes.
Chocolate Shrtbread Cookies Filled with Caramel Buttercream instructions
- Have the buttercream frosting made for the filling. You will have extra fillijg. Use the fillinhg for another item or this cookie recipe can be doubled..
- Make Cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour mixture until a dough forms. Chill dough if it's to sticky to work with.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll each ball in granulated sugar.
- Place on prepared pans and press a center indentation with ypur thumb. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes until the top of the cookie appears dry. Gently press the end of a wooden spoon into each indentation to enlarge it if needed. Cool om wire racks.
- Fill each cookie center with the caramel buttercream.
- Top each cookie with gratesd milk chocolate and a few flakes of salt.