Chocolate frosting. This Chocolate Frosting recipe is essentially a chocolate buttercream because it's made with lots of softened butter that is whipped together with powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and milk. This is a fudgey tasting chocolate frosting that sets up nicely without cracking or getting hard. Homemade chocolate frosting makes a delicious frosting recipe for birthday cakes, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies, and so many more sweet treats!
This chocolate frosting is silky smooth, surprisingly easy to make, and pipes onto cupcakes or cakes beautifully. Chocolate buttercream frosting has always been an item on my grocery list rather than a recipe in my baking repertoire. Knowing how to make chocolate frosting is a cornerstone to baking! You can have Chocolate frosting using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate frosting
- Prepare 4 cup of Confectioners sugar.
- It's 1 1/4 cup of crisco butter flavor.
- It's 4 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chip pieces.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of almond extract *optional.
This chocolate frosting recipe is super easy and comes togethern in a snap. Super fluffy Chocolate Frosting made completely from scratch. This gorgeous chocolate buttercream is made using butter, sugar and real dark chocolate. It's thick and creamy and perfect for frosting.
Chocolate frosting step by step
- in a sauce pan on low heat melt the semisweet chips stirring until smooth.
- sift sugar into a mixing bowl with salt.
- combine crisco,and mix,add extracts, and milk.
- mix until smooth ,fold in melted chocolate until combined.
- add more or less milk for desired consistency.
Creamy Chocolate Frosting is a staple chocolate frosting recipe that you need to have in your recipe box. This frosting recipe is buttery, chocolatey, and it pipes a beautiful swirl. Unsweetened cocoa powder: Gives this easy chocolate buttercream frosting a rich, chocolatey flavor. Heavy cream: I prefer using heavy cream rather than milk to make an ultra thick, creamy frosting. Outside of a steaming hot mug of cocoa, chocolate frosting is one of the best ways to enjoy this edible equivalent of love.