Yogurt cake with chocolate icing & decorations (optional). Ribbons of vanilla yogurt float around fresh, warm cranberry cake topped with white chocolate icing ---- simple to make and beautiful to serve at any. This Chocolate Yogurt Cake recipe is soft, tender and super moist thanks to yogurt, then finished with a rich chocolate glaze. It makes for a deep, dark, decadent breakfast, dessert or afternoon treat.
So there you have it, these yogurt cakes are perfect for young and old alike I also added a chocolate butter icing filling as the cake turned out quite thick after doubling the quantities. Thanks for a great recipe 🙂. This is a great chocolate cake made with yogurt. You can have Yogurt cake with chocolate icing & decorations (optional) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yogurt cake with chocolate icing & decorations (optional)
- Prepare of Cake.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 cup of natural yoghurt.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's 3 each of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's of Decoration.
- You need 24 each of KitKats.
- Prepare 300 grams of M&Ms.
- Prepare of Icing.
- You need 200 grams of plain chocolate.
- You need 50 ml of double cream.
My boyfriend loves it and can't stop eating it. I used fat-free yogurt and skim milk to cut down on calories! Also I garnished the cake with strawberry slices covered in chocolate syrup! Yogurt adds moisture to this dense cake's crumb and a light tartness that breaks up the richness of the heavenly chocolate ganache frosting.
Yogurt cake with chocolate icing & decorations (optional) instructions
- Mix flour, sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt & baking powder.
- Place in the oven & bake for an hour at 180°F.
- Let the cake cool down once baked.
- Melt chocolate & add double cream to create icing.
- Let icing cool down a little bit.
- Cover cake with icing.
- decorate with KitKats & M&Ms (or equivalents).
Reduce the heat to low, add the chocolate and corn syrup, and whisk until the chocolate is completely melted. Chocolate Layer Cake with Chocolate Frosting Try our Greek yogurt chocolate cake from Cabot Creamery for your next special event. Utilizing creamy Greek yogurt, this cake is light, but full of flavor. Maxence is a big advocate of the adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it". In other words, when a classic recipe is fabulous, don't meddle with it, and just do what you're told.