Chocolate Cupcakes with Pomegranate Cream Cheese Frosting.
You can have Chocolate Cupcakes with Pomegranate Cream Cheese Frosting using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cupcakes with Pomegranate Cream Cheese Frosting
- It's 1 of FOR CUPCAKES.
- You need 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of special dark hersheys cocoa.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It's 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil such as canola oil.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 of FOR POMEGRANATE FROSTING.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice.
- It's 4 oz of butter at room temperature.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese at room temperature.
- It's 12 oz of powdered sugar, about 4 cups.
- It's 7 oz of bag of chocolate covered pomegranat juice pieces I use a brand called brookside they are in the candy section of the grocery store.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Pomegranate Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- MAKE CUPCAKES.
- Preheat oven to 350, line cupcake tins with paper liners, this makes 24 cupcakes.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, milk oil and vanilla. Beat until combined. Stir in boiling water ( the batter will be very thin). Pour batter evenly into 24 paper lined cupcake tins. Bake 16 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.Cool on a rack.
- FOROMEGRANATE FROSTING.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat reduce pomegranate juice by one half this will take awhile so I would advise doing this in advance or while the cupcakes are cooking.This must be cool before using in frosting..
- Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy.Slowly add powdered sugar and cooled pomegranate juice beat until smooth, you may not need all the sugar once you have a creamy fluffy frosting its done,.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with frosting top each cupcake with 3 chocolate covered pomegranate juice pieces, if you can not find them garnish with chocolate shavings.