Cocoa Medallion Cake (a Hershey Recipe) & Whipped Chocolate Frosting.
You can cook Cocoa Medallion Cake (a Hershey Recipe) & Whipped Chocolate Frosting using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cocoa Medallion Cake (a Hershey Recipe) & Whipped Chocolate Frosting
- Prepare 1 cup of Unsweetened cocoa.
- You need 1 cup of Boiling water.
- It's 1 cup of Butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of Shortening.
- You need 2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt 1/8 teaspoon NOT 1/4.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1 cup of AP flour.
- It's 2 cup of Heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
Cocoa Medallion Cake (a Hershey Recipe) & Whipped Chocolate Frosting step by step
- Stir cocoa and boiling water-stir until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Set aside..
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy..
- Add eggs, beat well..
- Stir baking soda into buttermilk. Add buttermilk and flour; alternately. Start and end with buttermilk. Mix well after each addition..
- Blend in cocoa..
- Grease two 9-inch cake pans-layer bottoms with waxed paper-grease the waxed paper..
- Pour cake batter into pans..
- Bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes or until tester comes out clean..
- Cool in pans 10 minutes and then remove and cool on racks..
- Put whipping cream, chocolate syrup, mixing bowl, and beater (whip attachments if you have that option) in the freezer for 20 minutes..
- Remove items from freezer, put ingredients in mixing bowl, whip until spreading consistency..
- Frost cake and refrigerate. Refrigerate any remaining cake..