Chocolate Chip Angel.Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting. Set aside that cumbersome angel food cake pan and make this lighter-than-air dessert in cupcake form, instead. Pipe whipped cream on top of cooled cupcakes; garnish with berries. Does the whipped cream frosting stand up well for a few hours once it's piped on?
Acid helps stabilize the egg whites while beating because the batter can be It really comes down to using some form of acid rather than focusing on which one. To be honest, these angel food cupcakes don't need frosting. Instead, I prefer a whipped cream frosting and adding cocoa powder makes it even better! You can cook Chocolate Chip Angel.Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Angel.Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
- You need of CUPCAKES.
- You need 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- Prepare 6 of large egg whites, at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cream of tarter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips.
- It's of CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate, chopped or semi sweet chocolate chips.
- It's of GARNISH.
- Prepare 12 of to 14 fresh raspberries.
- Prepare of shaved white and dark chocolate.
This will add an extra special topping to any dessert. Preparation Whisk powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk and cream of tartar in large bowl until smooth. Chocolate Chip Angel Cupcakes with Fluffy Frosting. Place egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy.
Chocolate Chip Angel.Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 325. Line 12 to 14 standard cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Sift flour, 6 tablespoons sugar, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla and then add remalning 6 tablespoons sugar very slowly to egg whites while beating to stiff peaks.
- Fold sifted flour into egg whites in 3 additions being careful not to deflate but being sure flour is completely .mixed In.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill prepared cupcake tin almost 3/4 full..
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes until cupcake springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes then remove and cool completely lb wire racks..
- MAKE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- Have chopped chocolate in a large bowl. Heat cream to a simmer, pour over chocolate. Let sit 1 minute then stir until.smooth. Chill uncovered until.cold, at least 1 hour.
- Whip cold chocolate cream mixture until light and fluffy.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with frosting. Garnish with shaved white and dark chocolate shavings and raspberries.
- Any extra whipped,chocolate frosting is delicious with fresh fruit, sandwiched between cookies, even swirled in oatmeal or on waffles or pancakes.
Are you excited by just seeing these babies?! These are so light and fluffy, yet so moist and delicious. I've always hated that thick and cloyingly sweet buttercream frosting and this whipped cream frosting was rich and tasty! Keyword: angel food, chocolate, coconut, cupcakes. Basically, they are spring in a cupcake Fold in the chocolate chips.