Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee. This Swiss chocolate cake is filled and frosted with a luscious, creamy chocolate cream cheese frosting. Swiss Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. Today I'm going to show you how to make these deliciously moist chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting!
How to make chocolate cream cheese frosting! This recipe is made with cocoa powder and is simple, fool-proof, and richly chocolaty. It's creamy and smooth but is still sturdy enough for piping and would be the perfect complement to your favorite cake or cupcake recipe!. You can have Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee
- You need of Batter.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Hershey's cocoa powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It's 1 cup of buttermilk - shaken.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of each extra large eggs- room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black vanilla extract.
- It's 2 lb of cream cheese at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of Freshly brewed hot coffee.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Hershey's cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 stick of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 lb of confectioner's sugar.
- You need 1 cup of toffee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black Vanilla.
This Chocolate Sour Cream Cake is tender, soft, and rich with chocolate flavor! Used the cream cheese frosting and topped it off with a bit of chocolate sprinkles. A rich chocolate cake with a nutty cream cheese frosting. It's a nice recipe and you will love it!
Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit..
- Butter 2- 8 inch cake pans. Line pans with parchment or wax paper. Mix 1 tbsp of flour with 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and lightly dust the pans..
- Put all dry ingredients in electric mixer bowl with whip attachment and sift on low speed till blended. Scrape bowl..
- In separate bowl add all the wet ingredients and mix well. On low speed add the wet ingredients to the dry. Add the coffee until just blended..
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 35 - 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack..
- Chocolate cream cheese icing.
- Place cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl with paddle attachment on low speed till blended. Slowly add confectioner's sugar and cocoa powder a little at a time. Increase speed and whip until fluffy..
- Place one layer on a cake pedestal. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of cake. Dust with crystallized toffee. Top with the next layer. Spread frosting evenly. Dust with toffee crystals. *A coarse seive may be used for dusting..
Nice rich cake and frosting is not too sweet which was great. Added chocolate chips and chopped walnuts to the frosting and gave it some texture. Frost with cream cheese frosting once cooled. Love this recipe, its my go to chocolate cake especially. My Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting are a chocolate lovers dream!