Chocolate cream cheese frosting. This chocolate cream cheese frosting is a chocolate lovers dream. Cream cheese frosting holds its shape much better when it's piped cold. Unlike most frostings, chocolate cream cheese frosting is not overly sweet.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting on top of a rich and soft chocolate cake is a dream dessert! The frosting is creamy and delicious…good enough to eat with a spoon! I know you like chocolate cake. You can have Chocolate cream cheese frosting using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate cream cheese frosting
- It's 8 oz of cream cheese ( room temp).
- You need 1/4 cup of butter (room temp).
- It's 4 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
I don't think I am going out on a limb by saying that, or giving away any huge secret. The cream cheese cuts the sweetness and gives it a wonderful tangy flavor. I'm using Philadelphia cream cheese in this recipe. Rich and creamy chocolate cream cheese frosting recipe is a simple cream cheese chocolate icing that takes just minutes to make.
Chocolate cream cheese frosting instructions
- Blend cream cheese and butter well.
- Add milk, cinnamon & vanilla blend.
- Mix sugar & cocoa together. Add 1 cup at a time then blend until it's blended well.
This chocolate cream cheese frosting is a variation on my chocolate buttercream frosting. This smooth, creamy chocolate cream cheese frosting is the perfect finishing touch for any vanilla, peanut butter, or chocolate cake. Spread it on a layer cake or pipe it onto cupcakes or individual cake squares for a designer look. For the best flavor use full-fat cream cheese. It doesn't have to taste ONLY like cream cheese.