Chocolate Chiffon Layer Cake with Peppermint Marscapone Cream Filling / Frosting. This rich and creamy chocolate mascarpone frosting is simple to make and holds it shape for decorating layer cakes. I made a chocolate layer cake for her birthday and when I was talking about the chocolate frosting on Instagram I got a ton of requests for the recipe, so here it is! Stabilized Mascarpone Whipped Cream is my favorite homemade whipped cream recipe!
In a medium bowl, beat the mascarpone, cream, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Classic Vanilla Layer Cake with Vanilla Mascarpone Frosting & Raspberries. Peppermint Chocolate Cake - decadent, rich and fluffy chocolate cake is flavored with the addition of peppermint and it's an absolutely perfect pairing. You can cook Chocolate Chiffon Layer Cake with Peppermint Marscapone Cream Filling / Frosting using 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chiffon Layer Cake with Peppermint Marscapone Cream Filling / Frosting
- You need of CAKE.
- It's 3/4 cup of boiling water.
- It's 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of instant coffee granukes.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 2/3 tsp of salt.
- You need 8 of large eggs, seperated, yolks in one bowl, whites in another large bowl.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need of MARSCAPONE PEPPERMINT CREAM FROSTING AND FILLING.
- It's 1 of recipe Vanilla Marscapone frosting / Filling recipe, recipe attached in direction step #10.
- You need 1 tsp of pure peppermint extract.
- You need of GARNISH.
- It's of shaved Chocolate peppermint candy's, I used Andes Mints.
- Prepare of red and green sparkle sugar.
I'm all about peppermint everything lately, and one of my favorite combinations is chocolate and peppermint together - like York peppermint patties. As if this chocolate layer mocha cake wasn't enough, it's made with strong coffee and mascarpone cheese. Add mascarpone to chilled cocoa mixture. Using electric mixer, beat on low speed until blended and smooth.
Chocolate Chiffon Layer Cake with Peppermint Marscapone Cream Filling / Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray 4- 8 inch cake pans with bakers sprsy.
- Stir together boiling water, cocoa powder and coffee granules until dissoved, cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Add egg yolks, oil and vanilla to flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Add cooled cocoa mixture and beat just until smooth.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter at high speed until it just forms stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture in 3 additions until uniform in color.
- Evenly pour into prepared pans and bake about 15 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes then remove from pans and cool on parchment paper on racks completely. Be sure to use parchment as cakes may stick to wire racks while cooling without it..
- ZPREPARE PEPPERMINT MARSCAPONE CREAM FILLING / FROSTING.
- Make Vanilla Marscapone Cream Filling / Frosting, recipe attached below, adding in pure peppermint extract c with vanilla extract https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/351507-vanilla-marscapone-cream-filling-frosting.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Place one cake layer, bottom up on serving plate.
- Spread with some frosting.
- Add second layer of cake, bottom up and spread with frosting.
- Add third layer of cake, bottom up and frost.
- Add last forth cake layer, bottom side up and frost entire cake.
- Garnish with shaved Chocolate peppermint Andes Chocolates and red and green sparkle sugar.
- Refigerate at least 2 hours to set before sliceing e.
Increase speed to medium-high; beat until mixture is. Dark Chocolate Chiffon Cake with Fluffy Rosewater Frosting. Chocolate cake gets a sweet holiday makeover thanks to pink peppermint cream cheese frosting. Frost side and top of cake with thin coat frosting. To make the frosting, grab a bunch of peppermints.