Chocolate Layer Cake With Whipped Salted Caramel Cream Filling and Frosting. A shortcut chocolate cupcake recipe topped with creamy salted caramel frosting. I was contemplating making salted caramel cupcakes to pair with the salted caramel frosting, but I wanted a bit more of a flavor contrast. I intend to use this frosting for filling a chocolate layer cake , do I.
Note: I forgot to mention to remove the vanilla pod after you set it aside to make the caramel. Also, cover the cream with a lid to keep it warm. Three layered chocolate cake with a whipped cream filling between layers and frosted overall with a In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. You can have Chocolate Layer Cake With Whipped Salted Caramel Cream Filling and Frosting using 21 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Layer Cake With Whipped Salted Caramel Cream Filling and Frosting
- Prepare of for chocolate cake.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of hot water.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee granules.
- It's 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- It's 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1 1/4 cups of sour cream.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of plus 2 tablespoons canola oil.
- Prepare of FOR THE CARAMEL WHIPPED CREAM FILLING AND FROSTiNG.
- It's 1 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cold water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of my salted caramel sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It's of Extra Salted Caramel Sauce for drizzling cake.
- You need of for the garnish.
- It's of Salted caramel chocolate candys, shaved to decorate top of cake.
Frost sides and top of cake with chocolate frosting. Repeat with remaining cake layers and filling, finishing with a cake layer. To make Salted Caramel Buttercream: In large bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Caramel sponge cake with gooey salted caramel filling.
Chocolate Layer Cake With Whipped Salted Caramel Cream Filling and Frosting instructions
- Make cake.
- Spray 3 - inch cake pans with bakers spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk hot water, coffee granules and cocoa powder until smooth.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, vanilla and sugar until well combined and pale, add oil and sour cream and stir in, stir in flour mixture, then cocoa mixture until smooth.
- Divide evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes , 7ntil a toothpick comes out just clean, cool in pans 10 minutes then remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- Make caramel whipped cream filling and frosting.
- Soften gelatine in cold water in a small heatproof bowl for 5 minutes.
- Place bowl in a skillet of simmering water until dissoved about 1 minute remove from water and begin whipping cream. Youwant the gelitin warmn and liquid when you add it to the whipped cream..
- Whip cream to soft peaks.
- Beat in caramel, vanilla and liquid gelatin until it holds its shape.
- Assemble cake.
- Place one layer on serving plate, bottom side up.
- Frost with some of the caramel cream.
- Top with second layer of cake, bottom up and frost with more caramel cream.
- Top with third layer and frost entire cake.
- Drizzle with some extra salted caramel sauce and shaved chocolate caramel candy's.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before slicing.
Are you the kind of caramel lover who will eat your. Chocolate-Flecked Layer Cake with Milk Chocolate Frosting. Without a doubt a couple of my favourites. Mac said he wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and he got it. This Chocolate Layer Cake with Creme turns out so fluffy and nice.