Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting. New Orleans native Charlie Andrews demonstrates on how to make his delicious White almond cake with butter cream frosting from scratch. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE - Made with ground almonds & frosted with decadent chocolate ganache, this flourless cake is rich, elegant How to make flourless chocolate cake. Begin by buttering a springform pan.
When adding the cocoa powder to the cake batter, we first dissolve it in boiling water to bring out its full flavor. Now, there are two types of unsweetened cocoa powder: natural and Dutch-processed. It conjures up bakeries with fluorescent lighting and dry yellow cake with tooth-achingly sweet buttercream balloons piped on top. You can have Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting
- You need 6 of eggs at room temperature.
- Prepare 3 sticks of salted butter at room temperature.
- You need 8 oz of sour cream at room temperature.
- It's 3 cups of cake flour, sifted twice.
- It's 3 cups of sugar, sifted twice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of butter flavor.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 pint of heavy cream.
- You need 10 oz of semisweet chocolate.
- It's 1 tsp of almond flavor.
- It's 1 cup of chopped almonds.
I have made this frosting for many years except used Crisco instead of butter. Gluten-Free Almond Layer Cake made with egg whites and almond flour, filled with creamy, luscious layers of Vanilla and Chocolate Frosting. Continue to make alternating layers of cake and frosting until all is used up, ending with a layer of chocolate to cover the entire cake. This Milk Chocolate Almond Cake pairs fluffy almond cake layers with a rich milk chocolate ganache frosting.
Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting step by step
- Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy..
- Add eggs one at a time making sure to blend well after each egg..
- Add vanilla and butter favors..
- Mix baking soda with sifted flour..
- Add half of the flour to the butter and sugar and blend well..
- Add the sour cream and blend well..
- Add remaining flour and blend until light and fluffy..
- Grease and flour bunds cake pan. Pour batter into pan and bake in a oven preheated to 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours..
- Test for doneness by inserting a cake pick into the middle of cake..
- FROSTING: Heat heavy cream just to a boil..
- Break chocolate into pieces, add to cream and stir until melted..
- Add almond flavor..
- Let cool at room temperature. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes..
- Whisk until thickened to a spreadable consistency. Spread over entire cake and sprinkle with chopped almonds. Yummy !.
- Please note: all ingredients should be at room temperature, flour and sugar should be sifted twice for best density and height results..
Milk chocolate almonds are my kryptonite. I almost never allow myself to buy them, since I'll eat an entire bag in one day. One time, I bought one of those huge bags. This almond pound cake is rich and buttery and it has a lovely golden brown crust. She decorated it with a chocolate sauce, crystallized sugar, and sliced almonds. *Tried & True* Southern Butter Pound Cake with a touch a buttermilk!