Chocolate frosting. This Chocolate Frosting recipe is essentially a chocolate buttercream because it's made with lots of softened butter that is whipped together with powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and milk. This is a fudgey tasting chocolate frosting that sets up nicely without cracking or getting hard. Homemade chocolate frosting makes a delicious frosting recipe for birthday cakes, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies, and so many more sweet treats!
This chocolate frosting is silky smooth, surprisingly easy to make, and pipes onto cupcakes or cakes beautifully. Chocolate buttercream frosting has always been an item on my grocery list rather than a recipe in my baking repertoire. Knowing how to make chocolate frosting is a cornerstone to baking! You can have Chocolate frosting using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate frosting
- You need 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- It's 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It's 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
This chocolate frosting recipe is super easy and comes togethern in a snap. Super fluffy Chocolate Frosting made completely from scratch. This gorgeous chocolate buttercream is made using butter, sugar and real dark chocolate. It's thick and creamy and perfect for frosting.
Chocolate frosting step by step
- Mix sugar and cocoa then stir in milk on a med high in a saucepan until comes to a boil.
- Once reaches a boil remove from heat add vanilla and butter and stir.
- Once cools you can use I pour mine on while still kinda warm.. An smooth out with knife.
- Thickens as sits longer it sits thicker it gets... Fridge left over re use add teaspoon of milk microwave few seconds at time.
Creamy Chocolate Frosting is a staple chocolate frosting recipe that you need to have in your recipe box. This frosting recipe is buttery, chocolatey, and it pipes a beautiful swirl. Unsweetened cocoa powder: Gives this easy chocolate buttercream frosting a rich, chocolatey flavor. Heavy cream: I prefer using heavy cream rather than milk to make an ultra thick, creamy frosting. Outside of a steaming hot mug of cocoa, chocolate frosting is one of the best ways to enjoy this edible equivalent of love.