Raw Clams on the Halfshell. Just shucking up some clams for dinner. Tip out the clam juice into the bowl and pour it back over the shucked clams. Nestle the clams in a bed of crushed ice or rock salt to keep them steady.
Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. Enjoy littlenecks raw on the halfshell, fried or steamed. Cherrystones are sometimes eaten raw but more often are broiled, chopped for chowder or baked in dishes like clams casino. You can cook Raw Clams on the Halfshell using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Raw Clams on the Halfshell
- Prepare 2 dozen of fresh live clams (little neck or cherrystone are best to eat raw).
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 of tobasco sauce.
- It's 1 of cocktail sauce.
A raw clam on the halfshell is slightly salty, faintly sweet and slightly fishy. Clams taste quite different when served steamed, fried in a batter coating or added to a creamy New England chowder recipe or a Manhattan-style, tomato-based soup. At Tadich Grill in San Francisco, California's oldest restaurant. Raw Clams on the Half-Shell over ice Cherry Stone Clams.
Raw Clams on the Halfshell step by step
- Keep clams on ice (easier to open them & best served chilled) open with a clam knife & best to hold the clam with a dishtowel as to not slice open your hand. Press knife at the seam of the hinge & press hard, when knife slides in run it through the clam to open it. Open sideways as to not lose the juice. Discard the top shell & run knife under the clam to release from bottom shell..
- Put a leaf of lettuce on the bottom of the dish & fill with ice. Place half a dozen clams on top of the ice. Serve with a wedge of lemon, tobasco sauce & cocktail sauce..
- Squeeze lemon juice over the clams. Add a couple of drops of tobasco sauce & small teaspoon of cocktail sauce & suck them right out of the shell..
Uncooked raw fresh seafood - mussels, clams, vongole and crabs on ice on blac stone slate background Raw Clams on the Halfshell on ice, lemon, cocktail sauce. Raw Clams on the Halfshell Recipe by WeekendWarriors - Cookpad. Ten Different Ways to Cook Clams on the Halfshell. Place the chilled raw clams on a chilled serving plate. His work today explores the metaphysical themes of his earliest work, referencing art history and religious iconography to make profound commentaries on the contemporary world.