Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting.
You can have Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting
- Prepare of For the cake:.
- Prepare 18 oz. of devil's food cake mix.
- It's 3 oz. of instant chocolate pudding mix.
- You need 1 c of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 c of vegetable oil.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 c of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare pinch of sea salt.
- You need 2 c of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional).
- Prepare of For the frosting:.
- It's 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 8 oz of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 c of butter.
- You need 4 1/2 c of sifted powdered sugar.
Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350ºF..
- Beat together all of ingredients until smooth batter forms, reserving the chocolate chips if using..
- Mix in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. (optional).
- Divide batter into two 10-inch round baking pans (you can use other pans and baking times according to the directions on the cake mix box). Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Let cool before frosting..
- For the frosting, in large pan over low heat melt and stir semisweet chocolate pieces and butter. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Stir in powdered sugar; stir until smooth. Makes 4 cups..