Hot Onion and Bacon Dip. Delicious and sweet caramelized onions inside this incredible creamy and cheesy dip! With the added bacon this dip is sure to be a huge hit at your. This Hot Onion Bacon Dip has a French flair with tons of rich, flavorful cheeses, caramelized onions and crunchy bacon.
Serve this addictive onion dip with a sliced baguette or apples, or thick-cut potato chips. This caramelized onion dip loaded with bacon gruyere is extraordinarily rich and delicious. Watch it disappear at your next party. You can cook Hot Onion and Bacon Dip using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot Onion and Bacon Dip
- It's 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It's 1/2 cup of cheddar.
- It's 1/2 cup of mozzarella.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 8 ounces of cream cheese.
- It's 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mayonaise.
- You need 5 pieces of bacon.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It's of Season of your choice.
Sweet onion, bacon, gooey cheese all mixed in sour cream and mayo. You can't go wrong with that. It's rich, creamy, and flavorful and sure to be a hit at your next party. Rich Gruyere cheese is mixed with sweet caramelized onions and crispy bacon for a spectacular appetizer.
Hot Onion and Bacon Dip step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Chop 5 pieces of bacon and cook until brown. Remove bacon; leaving grease in pan..
- Slice one onion and add to bacon grease, along with butter and olive oil. Caramelize on low-medium heat. About 30 minutes. Add garlic 5 minutes before finished..
- Meanwhile, mix all other ingredients together. Mix thoroughly..
- Add cheese mix to onion and bacon mix. Stir well..
- Pour into baking dish. Crumble shredded cheese on top..
- Bake for 30 mins at 350 degrees..
- Serve hot with Fritos..
Whether you use it to impress your guests or indulge in a few bites alone, this dip is sure to be a hit. Serve with chips or crudites and enjoy! Learn to make hot caramelized onion & bacon dip with Melissa DiRenzo. This simple appetizer recipe is the perfect snack for cozy nights in with friends. In same pan from cooking bacon, add chopped onions and sugar.