You can cook Pasta Amatriciana using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pasta Amatriciana
- You need 1 lb of bits & pieces hickory smoked bacon.
- It's 2 tbsp of red pepper flakes.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of white cooking wine.
- You need 1 of sweet white onion, diced.
- You need 3 clove of fresh garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 can of 28 oz. s&w marinated italian recipe diced tomatoes.
Pasta Amatriciana instructions
- use kitchen shears to cut up the bacon into more manageable pieces..
- cook bacon on medium-high heat in a non-stick pan where possible..
- leaving 90% of the bacon grease in the pan, saute minced garlic, diced onion, and red pepper flakes..
- when garlic is golden brown, increase the heat to high and reduce mixture in the white wine (and a second time if desired)..
- when the onions soften and become translucent, lower the heat to medium, add in the can of tomatoes and cook for 6-8 minutes..
- lower the heat to its lowest possible setting and let the sauce simmer for 1-3 hours..
- serve over penne rigate noodles al-Dante.
- garnish with fresh grated parmesan cheese and freshly picked basil..