Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry. Serve an Indian-inspired red curry for a delicious, easy one-dish dinner tonight. While the pork came out very, very tender (I used pork butt), I did not like the sauce--it was bland, and very greasy. This dish reminded me of food at an Indian or Thai buffet--not horrible, but not impressive and flavorful as a.
Fresh steamed clams go perfect with Chef Keoni Chang's excellent recipe for Thai Red Curry. Mahalo for checking out this video and we hope you enjoy the. Steamer Dutch Oven Asian Thai Curry Recipes Coconut Recipes Fruit Mussel Shellfish Recipes Appetizer. You can have Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry
- Prepare 3 of LG pork sirloin steaks, cubed.
- You need 18 of steamer clams.
- It's 1/2 of LG sweet onion, slivered.
- Prepare 1 of med youkon gold potato, cubed.
- You need 3 of LG radishes, sliced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It's 2 (13.5 Oz) of cans coconut milk.
- You need 1 tbs of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 2 tbs of red Thai curry paste, or more if you like it very spicy.
- Prepare 2 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1-2 tbs of fish sauce.
- It's 1 tbs of dried basil.
- It's to taste of Himalayan pink salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro, plus some for garnish.
- It's of cooked jasmine rice.
Clams and Mussels in Thai Curry Sauce. Red and green curries are the two most popular Thai curries. The main ingredient in red curry is matured red chilli, so it is not as hot as Thai curries is known as "kaeng" which means a watery dish to be eaten with rice. "Kari" means curry in Thai and is referring to Indian-style curry influenced dishes. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry instructions
- Add onion, potato, and pork in a Dutch oven. Pour in 2 cups of water and add bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 min. Until potatoes start to get tender..
- Add rest of ingredients except clams and rice. Bring to a simmer for five minutes. Add clams and continue to simmer until all clams open.
- Serve with hot cooked rice and garnish with more cilantro.
This Thai Red Curry did the trick and I was able to prepare it. Tender eggplant, pork and red bell pepper, bathed in a spicy curry sauce, tastes complex but calls for very little work. Canned coconut milk and good-quality curry paste are two pantry items you should always have on hand. Heat wok to medium high, add oil, add curry paste, stir fry until heat hits you, up heat and add pork, continue stir frying, for a couple of minutes, then stir in coconut milk, toss in lime zest, ginger and garlic, bring to boil, cut heat and simmer until pork is tender. Make Thai minced pork curry at home just like those at the best restaurants!