You can have Pasta Bolognese using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta Bolognese
- It's 500 grams of Minced Beef.
- It's 250 grams of Dried Pasta of your choice.
- Prepare 400 grams of Tinned Chopped Tomatoes.
- You need 1 large of Onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & White Pepper.
- You need 1 of Grated Parmasan Cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of Tomato Puree.
Pasta Bolognese step by step
- Boil the pasta in salted water on a low heat for about 20 minute until it is cooked but a little chewy..
- Roughly chop the onion and add to a large saucepan with the oil. Cook on a medium heat until golden brown..
- Add the minced beef, season with the salt and pepper, mix in with the onion..
- When the beef has been cooked through (non of it should be red), add the tinned tomatoes and the tomato puree..
- Turn the heat down so the mixture can simmer..
- When the pasta is ready, drain off the water and add to the Bolognese sauce. Mix in well and leave for about 10 minutes before serving..
- Add the grated cheese on top of the pasta, as much or as little as you like..
- Just a quick footnote: This is based on an old Italian recipe, with few ingredients, so the exclusion of garlic, oregano etc is not an oversight, it's to show that sometimes less is more!.