Mike's Spaghetti Squash & Marinara Sauce. Learn the best way to cook spaghetti squash in this recipe video! It's so easy and delicious when you do it right! Mike's latest how to eat vid is a low carb way to get your Italian pasta fix.
In the past, I've gone at it with my chef's knife, a folded towel to protect my hand, and some muscle power. Spaghetti squash or vegetable spaghetti is a group of cultivars of Cucurbita pepo subsp. pepo. They are available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colours, including ivory, yellow and orange, with orange having the highest amount of carotene. You can have Mike's Spaghetti Squash & Marinara Sauce using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Spaghetti Squash & Marinara Sauce
- You need of Spaghetti & Sauce.
- It's 2 can (12 oz) of Each: (1)Hunts Garlic & Herb Spaghetti Sauce And (1) Hunts Traditional Spaghetti Sauce.
- It's 2 tbsp of Or 1/8 Cup Cabernet Sauvignon Wine.
- It's 1 can (8 oz) of Pitted Black Olives [halved].
- Prepare 1 cup of Celery With Leaves [chopped].
- It's 2 of large Fresh Tomatoes [chopped].
- It's 1 cup of Fresh Mushrooms [chopped].
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Each: Green Onion Tops & White Onions [chopped].
- You need 1/3 cup of Each: Green - Red - Yellow - Orange Bell Peppers [chopped].
- You need 2 tbsp of Each: Fresh Garlic - Fresh Parsley [chopped] Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fresh Coarse Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Each: Dried Basil - Oregeno - Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1 pinch of Fennel Seeds.
- Prepare 1 of large Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 1 of Salt [to taste].
- It's 2 (3 lb) of Each Spaghetti Squashes [try to find those that can stand upright on their own on one end].
- It's 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda [optional-to remove any acidity in sauce].
- You need 1 (8 oz) of Tub: Shredded Parmesan Cheese [garnish].
- You need 1 Bottle of Dried Parsley [garnish].
The Best Way to Cut Spaghetti Squash. Don't let spaghetti squash's hard shell scare you! How To Bake Spaghetti Squash: Start by carefully cutting the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise. EDIT: Many readers say that cutting it width-wise is even better because you get much longer strands.
Mike's Spaghetti Squash & Marinara Sauce instructions
- Add everything in Spaghetti & Sauce section [except for the squash & parmesan cheese] and place in a large pot. Simmer for 1 - 1-1/2 hours..
- Chef's Note: Add the 1/4 tsp Baking Soda to bubbling sauce if your Marinara has a heavy acidic taste from the tomatoes. Don't be alarmed if your sauce foams up a bit from the Baking Soda and slightly fades in color. It will boil down and out quickly Ave return to normal. Add an additional 1/4 teaspoon if you feel your sauce still needs it..
- Heat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with tinfoil..
- Cut each Spaghetti Squash evenly in half..
- Clean out all seeds with a large spoon..
- Spray each inside with butter spay Pam or regular Pam and sprinkle with Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning and Black Pepper. Spray again to hold the seasonings on the squash..
- Place each facedown on tinfoil and place in oven for 45-60 minutes depending upon the size of your squashes. Bake until you can easily glide a knife through the squash..
- Once fully baked, add a tablesppon of butter or olive oil and gently fork the insides out. Dig deep into the flesh WITHOUT tearing the outer shell. Repeat for each shell..
- Once all Spaghetti Squash is fully pulled from the sides and the butter is mixed in, add some of your Marinara Sauce [no solids, just juices] to your strands and mix in as well..
- There are two ways to serve these. One, in the shell and the other, on a plate without the shell. If you decide to serve in the shell, gently and carefully shave off the ends of your squash that cannot stand up on their own once fully baked..
- Either way, ladle your sauce atop your Spaghetti Squash and serve immediately with Garlic Bread..
- Garnish with Parmesan Cheese and Fresh or Dried Parsley..
We love spaghetti squash for its ability to provide us endless meal ideas, especially burrito boats and even a lasagna spaghetti squash. Season the spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Here Has Mike's helped you ever? My favorite easy way to serve spaghetti squash is with a little olive oil, vegan parmesan cheese This was my first spaghetti squash experience. I made it exactly as directed and then sprinkled it with a.