Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce. Rich and meaty spaghetti sauce is surprisingly easy to make, and ready in just over an hour. Serve over any variety of hot cooked pasta. Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, and green pepper in a large saucepan.
Watch this recipe to learn how to make perfect meat sauce with spaghetti. An easy meat sauce recipe for spaghetti made quickly with ground beef and pasta sauce, flavored with onion and garlic. Spaghetti Meat Sauce is beefy, juicy and so satisfying. You can cook Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce
- You need 1/2 of Onion, chopped.
- You need 2 medium of Carrots, sliced thin.
- It's 1 of Celery, sliced.
- It's 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of Dried Lentils.
- You need 15 oz of can Crushed Tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of Italian Parsley, chopped.
- You need 5 medium of Fresh Basil Leaves or tsp dried.
- It's 1/2 box of Spaghetti Noodles.
- You need 1 cup of Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese, shredded.
It comes together fast so it is perfect for busy weeknights, and it's freezer friendly. Meat sauce has all of the comforting flavors of Spaghetti and Meatballs, or traditional Bolognese but is much easier! Serve this meat sauce over spaghetti with a. This easy spaghetti recipe with meat sauce takes just a few minutes of prep and then a low simmer on the stove for a deep, meaty-flavored, homemade spaghetti for the best family favorite dinner.
Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce instructions
- Note: You can use any vegetables you have. You can also change the cheese to Parmesan if desired..
- Add carrots, celery and onion to pan with 2 tbsp water and saute till onions are cooked and slightly brown. Add water tbsp at a time to prevent burning..
- Add tbsp water and italian seasoning with salt and pepper and stir..
- Add Lentils and water enough to cover lentils. Bring to boil and simmer for 35 minutes. Keep an eye on it and add water as needed. Water should be gone at end of 35 minutes..
- Put water in a pot with shake of salt and heat for spaghetti noodles. Add spaghetti when it boils..
- Scoop half lentils into blender and blend for a minute. Pour back into pan and scoop other half into blender and blend that for a minute. Pour back into pan. Some lentils will be whole. That's ok..
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil and parsley. Stir and simmer 15 minutes..
- If desired, add spaghetti to "meat" sauce and toss OR put spaghetti on plate and scoop sauce on top..
- Plate spaghetti, sprinkle with cheese and serve..
- NOTE: If you want a more saucy "meat" sauce you can add another can of crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce. If you want the sauce to be a little more sweet and tomatoey add in and a few squirts of ketchup.
This post is brought to you by Kroger. Before I even started writing this post, I was wrestling with the title. Easy weeknight friendly spaghetti and meat sauce that's made completely from scratch. Use ground beef, turkey, pork, chicken or lamb to make this simple spaghetti recipe. Jump to the Easy Weeknight Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it.