Polenta With Bacon Ragu.
You can cook Polenta With Bacon Ragu using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Polenta With Bacon Ragu
- You need 2 3/4 cup of Water.
- You need 1 cup of Cornmeal.
- It's 1 cup of Water.
- You need 4 tbsp of Butter (1/2 stick).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Shredded or grated Parmesan cheese.
- It's of Ragu.
- It's 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- It's 3 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- You need 8 slice of Bacon, raw, cut into small pieces.
- It's 24 oz of Passata (or tomato purée).
- It's 2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It's 10 of Fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- It's 1 tbsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 4 oz of Red wine (1/2 cup).
Polenta With Bacon Ragu instructions
- In a frying pan with olive oil, sauté garlic until it is almost blackened, then add the bacon and continue sautéing until the bacon is crisp..
- Drain excess oil from pan and pour in the passata, basil, oregano, pepper and wine. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes..
- While the Ragu is simmering, start preparing the polenta. Begin boiling 2 3/4 cups of water..
- In a separate bowl, combine the corn meal and salt with the remaining cup of water..
- Once the water starts boiling, slowly add the cornmeal/water combo into the boiling water and stir constantly. Also add the butter. Stir constantly..
- Lower heat to a simmer, cover, and continue simmering for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often. About halfway through, add the Parmesan cheese and continue stirring..
- Spoon the polenta into bowls and top with the bacon Ragu. Add more Parmesan cheese, if desired..
- Buon appetito!.