Bolognese Sauce. Hazan had a few recipes for the classic sauce. Instead, the sauce should release the occasional small bubble or two. When finished, the sauce Best bolognese I have ever made!
When the temperature starts to drop, what sounds better than pasta smothered in rich, hearty, umami-bomb bolognese? Bolognese sauce is a classic Italian sauce for pasta made with ground meat such as beef or pork. Serve this savory and decadent sauce as a hearty weeknight meal over spaghetti or rigatoni. You can have Bolognese Sauce using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bolognese Sauce
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of celery stick, finely chopped.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 400 g of or 14 oz minced (ground) beef.
- It's 120 ml (1/2 cup) of red wine.
- You need 15 ml (1 tbsp) of chopped fresh parsley).
- You need 45 ml (3 tbsp) of olive oil.
- It's 200 ml (1 cup) of canned tomatoes or strained bottled tomatoes (passata).
- It's 15 ml (1 tbsp) of tomato puree/paste.
- Prepare 5 ml (1 tsp) of dried oregano.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of beef stock.
- It's to taste of salt and ground pepper.
How to Make a Classic Bolognese Sauce (Sugo alla Bolognese). This homemade bolognese sauce is amazing! It goes so well with all of your favorite pasta dishes! A classic Bolognese Sauce should be in every home cook's repertoire!
Bolognese Sauce step by step
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook over low heat for 6 minutes, stirring frequently..
- Add the minced beef to the pan and cook for 7 minutes. Break up any lumps in the meat with a wooden spoon, steel spatula or manual potato masher..
- Stir in the red wine and mix well. Cook for 3 minutes then add the parsley, oregano, 4 tbsp of beef stock and tomatoes (canned/bottled and puree)..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste then mix well and bring the mixture to boil..
- Cook covered for 30 minutes. Stir frequently and add more stock as needed..
- Add more salt and pepper as needed then use the mixture in pasta dishes..
My version is smooth, rich, hearty and slow cooked to perfection. The very essence of Italian comfort food! This Traditional Bolognese Sauce is made using all the authentic ingredients like beef, pork, fresh tomato purée, then cooked low and slow for hours to develop a rich, hearty taste. Everyone needs a basic spaghetti Bolognese recipe that still tastes great, no matter how simple. Get that depth of flavour by cooking the sauce very gently until it's super rich.