Linguine Vongole (Linguine with fresh Clam Sauce).
You can have Linguine Vongole (Linguine with fresh Clam Sauce) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Linguine Vongole (Linguine with fresh Clam Sauce)
- You need 3 dozen of live little neck clams.
- It's 1 lb of Linguine pasta.
- You need 1 head of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 3 cup of pino grigio white wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- It's 1 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Linguine Vongole (Linguine with fresh Clam Sauce) step by step
- Start to cook pasta in boiling salted water until Aldente.
- Rinse & scrub clams in fresh water..
- Chop & mince whole head of garlic.
- Add olive oil to pot on medium heat & cook garlic until clear (do not burn) & add white whine & reduce until alcohol cooks off, about 5 minutes simmering..
- Add salt & oregano.
- Add clams to pot & cover. Let simmer until clams start to open & then add butter..
- Once all the clams are fully open add the cooked pasta & let cook for another minute (discard any clams that did not open)..
- Plate and garnish with chopped parsley & crushed red pepper flakes..