Tomato Pasta Sauce.
You can have Tomato Pasta Sauce using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato Pasta Sauce
- You need 1 of big ass pot.
- Prepare 6 cans of whole peeled plum tomatoes (28 oz cans).
- It's 2 of sweet onions (peeled and chopped).
- Prepare 1 of bulb garlic (peeled and minced).
- You need 2 sticks of butter (8 tablespoons each).
- It's 3 tablespoons of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- It's 1 tablespoon of sugar (to cut the acidity).
- Prepare of Asiago & Parmesan cheese (garnish).
Tomato Pasta Sauce step by step
- Prep the garlic and onions (aka: peel and chop both).
- Put pot on burner. Turn burner on medium heat..
- Add 1 stick of butter to heat until melted..
- Add garlic and onion to butter liquid..
- Allow garlic and onion to infuse in butter. Stirring consistently for about five minutes. DO NOT BURN!.
- Add all of the canned tomatoes (as you add them, break them down so that they're no longer "whole.").
- Add remaining stick of butter..
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and sugar..
- Reduce for roughly eight hours (keep the heat on medium low stirring consistently)..
- DO NOT ALLOW MIXTURE TO BURN! You burn this and I guarantee you it will blemish the flavor!.