Instant pot Lamb Ragu. This classic rosemary and garlic lamb ragu tastes like it came from a super high end Italian restaurant, but only takes a couple of hours in an Instant Pot. One bite of this classic lamb ragu and you'll feel like you're sitting on a sun drenched trattoria patio in the mountains of Italy up high in sheep country. Thanks to the Instant Pot it takes half the time to cook.
This Instant Pot lamb is a delicious showstopping entree that will make a lasting impression at your next family dinner or Easter feast. Pat the lamb dry with paper towels. These delicious and healthy Instant Pot lamb recipes will take you around the world with flavourful stews, curries, chops, roasts and more. You can cook Instant pot Lamb Ragu using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot Lamb Ragu
- It's 1 (4.5 lbs) of leg of lamb.
- It's 1 of onion yellow diced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- It's 2-3 of small to medium carrots diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomato paste.
- It's 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp. of Fresh thyme chopped (about 4 or 5 sprigs).
- You need 1 tsp. of Fresh rosemary (about one sprig).
- Prepare 1 TBS. of avocado oil or olive oil.
- It's 1 (4.5 oz) of can of diced tomatoes.
- It's 1 (12 oz) of can of San Mariano tomatoes.
- It's 1 TBS of whole milk.
- It's to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Gremolata-herb condiment ingredients.
- You need 1 cup of parsley.
- It's 2 of small garlic cloves.
- It's of Zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
This Lamb Ragu uses large chunks of lamb leg instead of ground meat. The result is a beautiful, rich, hearty sauce full of shredded, melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Learn how to make a delicious Lamb Ragu! So easy to make in the Crock-Pot, just prep set and forget!!
Instant pot Lamb Ragu step by step
- Heat oil in your instant pot using the sauté function high I usually set it to 20 mins because you can always cancel it when your done..
- Season lamb on all sides generously with salt and pepper..
- Brown Lamb on all sides for about 5 to 7 min. a side or until browned. Remove lamb and set aside for now..
- You may need to add a little more oil to the pan to sauté your veggies. Add onions, garlic, carrots and sauté till softened..
- Next add your tomato paste and cook for 1 to 2 mins..
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine. Making sure to scrap up all the browned bits..
- Next add the tomatoes, herbs, and milk and bring sauce to a simmer..
- Put lid on your instant pot and make sure the valve switched to sealing..
- Pressure cook or manual button for 120 mins on high. You can do natural release or manual release what ever you prefer..
- Once lid is open remove the lamb. Set pot back to med to low sauté to allow the sauce to reduce while you shred the lamb. Spoon off any excess lamb grease from the top of the sauce. Next add the lamb back into the sauce and it’s ready to top your pasta..
- I like to garnish the lamb Ragu with Parmesan cheese and fresh gremolata. Recipe below..
- Gremolata- chop parsley and garlic finely then add lemon zest, pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together and sprinkle over finished lamb ragu..
For more delicious recipes head to. Stir the pot and scrape the bottom and sides. Secure the lid and push the steam release handle to SEALING. Instant Pot Italian Beef Ragu with Pappardelle. Chuck roast is cooked until tender with garlic, herbs, and plenty of tomatoes in this Instant Pot Italian Beef Ragu with Pappardelle for a delicious and hearty family pasta night recipe.