Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce.
You can cook Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce
- It's of Olive oil to coat the pan.
- You need 2-3 of garlic cloves, sliced in half.
- Prepare 1-2 Cups of carrot, diced.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It's 1 lb of ground pork.
- It's 1 Cup of low sodium chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can of tomato puree.
- It's 1 (28 oz) of can of no sodium crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1 (6 oz) of can of tomato paste.
- You need 3 tsp of dried oregano.
- It's 3 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of sugar.
- It's 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need of Ground black pepper for taste.
Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce step by step
- Coat a large frying pan or wok with olive oil, over medium heat. Place the garlic on the hot pan and heat until lightly browned. Once browned, remove from the pan..
- Next, add the carrots to the pan. Heat for about 10 to 15 minutes..
- Once the carrots are fork tender, add the ground beef and ground pork to the pan. Mix altogether until the meat mixture is browned. Transfer the meat mixture to the slow cooker..
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and allow to simmer. Scrape up all of the brown bits in the pan, into the stock. Take the pan to the slow cooker to pour the stock mixture into it..
- Add all of the other ingredients into the slow cooker, place the lid on it, set the temperature to low, then cook for 6 hours..
- Stir together and then serve over pasta or even try it over spiraled zucchini..