Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese. A normal spaghetti bolognese but with a twist. This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community. Sign in or create a My Good Food account to upload your own recipe creations.
YouTube star Fleur De Force and her husband, Mike, show us how they spice up one of the all-time classic Italian pasta dishes, spaghetti bolognese. The Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe is delicious recipe that is cooked in roasted bacon and minced meat and a herbed tomato sauce. The fresh homemade Bolognese sauce when tossed in cooked. You can cook Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese
- It's 500 g of Beef Steak Mince.
- Prepare 1 of Red Bell Pepper.
- It's 3-4 of Small Onions (chopped finely).
- Prepare 2 Cans of Chopped Tomatoes.
- Prepare 150 g of Button Mushrooms (chunky chopped).
- It's 2 tsp of hot chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 cloves of fresh garlic (crushed).
- It's 2 tsp of tomato paste/puree.
- It's 75 g of Spaghetti per person.
- Prepare of Parmesan Cheese (to serve).
- Prepare of Olive oil (to cook).
Everyone needs a great everyday Spaghetti Bolognese recipe, and this is mine! The Bolognese Sauce is rich, thick and has beautiful depth of flavour. It's perfect for a quick midweek meal though if. Mix the cooked spaghetti into the bolognese mixture, season and heat through to serve.
Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese step by step
- Fry the chopped onion and red pepper over a medium heat with a little olive oil for about 10 minutes..
- Add crushed garlic and allow to simmer for a further 3-4 minutes..
- Add two cans of chopped tomatoes and raise the heat a little. Fill one can halfway with water and add this to the mix also..
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of chilli powder and one teaspoon of white granulated sugar. The sugar helps to take away some of the acid from the tinned tomatoes..
- While the sauce still has a lot of liquid, add the quartered mushroom and cook for a further 5 minutes..
- Break up and stir in the minced beef, keeping a can of water handy in case the mixture becomes too thick. Cover and cook for 30 mins on a medium heat. If the sauce needs thickening, remove the cover..
- Cook your choice of pasta as per the instructions on the packet..
- Add around two teaspoons of tomato paste and stir through the sauce for 2-3 mins. Season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste..
- Serve up with grated parmesan over the top, and if you want a real treat, garlic bread on the side..
Everyone needs a basic spaghetti Bolognese recipe that still tastes great, no matter how simple. Get that depth of flavour by cooking the sauce very gently until it's super rich. This is designed to be a low. A traditional spaghetti Bolognese recipe with homemade Bolognese sauce and tender beef, making this a family favourite. Time to ditch the readymade sauce!