Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce.
You can cook Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Prepare 2 of Butternut Squash.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare 12 oz of box Gluten Free Penne pasta.
- It's of Butter.
- You need of Chicken broth.
- It's Half of and half.
- Prepare 1/4 of onion minced.
- Prepare 2 of large cloves garlic minced.
- You need of Sun dried tomatoes cut up (as many as you like).
- It's of Salt and pepper.
- It's of Cavender's Greek Seasoning.
- Prepare of Pasta water.
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce step by step
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and cut both squash in half then scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place squash face down on baking tray with about a half a cup of water.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes.
- Take out oven and cool for 10 minutes then turn over and scoop out roasted squash and place into a pot on the stove with some butter.
- Meanwhile boil your pasta in another pot (save one cup of the pasta water) and saute the onion and garlic and cut up your sun dried tomatoes.
- Mash squash with a potato masher and turn the heat to LO on the stove top.
- Add chicken broth, half and half, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic and Cavender's and continue to stir until desired creaminess.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to the squash mixture. Add some pasta water to make it stick to the penne.Turn off heat and place top on the pot to let the pasta absorb the sauce !! 💗💗💋😘💗💗😋😋Serve immediately and ENJOY!!.