Clam Linguini in White Sauce. A splash of white wine and a sprinkling of basil simmer right along with garlic, parsley and clams, enlivening the basic sauce for this delightful clam linguini. Reviews for: Photos of Linguine with White Clam Sauce II. Anne makes a hearty linguine dish packed with clams, cheese and garlic.
To be authentic - Linguine with White Clam Sauce is not typically served with Parmesan cheese added to this dish. This recipe for Linguine in White Clam Sauce is an easy way enjoy fresh little neck clams. The Bald Chef shows you how to make this classic Italian recipe. You can have Clam Linguini in White Sauce using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Clam Linguini in White Sauce
- It's 4 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 8 clove of Garlic.
- It's 1 tbsp of Dried Oregano.
- It's 1/4 cup of Fresh Parsley.
- Prepare 1 can of Clams.
- It's 1/2 can of Clam juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Water.
- It's 1/4 cup of White Wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It's 1 of Pasta.
Linguine with clams is one of those dishes that sounds elegant - or at least like the type of thing you'd order at an Italian restaurant To complete the meal, toss a salad, warm some crusty bread, and pour a glass of the same white wine that you used to make the sauce. Linguine with red clam sauce is almost never found in Italy, but a big seller in Italian American restaurants here in the United States. So, when you go to Italy, eat it as they do with white clam sauce, and never, ever ask for cheese to put on your linguine with clam. Looking for the best clam sauce pasta?
Clam Linguini in White Sauce instructions
- Sauté thinly sliced Garlic in olive oil approximately 45 seconds add dried oregano.. Don't overcook!.
- Add Fresh Parsley, Italian Seasoning, Clams and Clam juice from can. Add a quarter cup of water to rinse out can..
- Add wine to sauce (refill your wine glass too).
- Add a dash of Red pepper flakes (optional).
- Bring sauce to boil, then turn down to minimum uncovered.
- Bring pot of salted water (with a full peeled garlic clove added to pasta water) to a boil and cook pasta noodles as per instructions.(approx. 10 min).
- Note: Whole Wheat Pasta may be used, however my personal preference is regular pasta in this recipe..
- Top with Parmesan Cheese and Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with a simple Oil and Vinegar Salad.
- Note#2 Shrimp may also be added as another option, with a teaspoon of Franks Red Hot sauce.The world is your Oyster...or Clam in this case..
How to Make Linguine with White Clam Sauce. A light and crisp, dry white wine like a pinot grigio, unoaked chardonnay or. Linguine with clam sauce comes in either a red tomato-based version, or a white version with cream or white wine. Today we present to you a red version, with a tomato-based, clam-juice infused sauce, dressed up with some fennel and a little dash of anise liqueur. Oh boy do I love Linguine with White Clam Sauce.