Mighty 25lb Bolognese Lasagna.
You can have Mighty 25lb Bolognese Lasagna using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mighty 25lb Bolognese Lasagna
- It's 3 lbs of lean beef.
- You need 2 lbs of Italian sausage.
- It's 3-28 oz of cans of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 3-6 oz of cans of tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 lbs of low moisture shredded Mozzarella.
- Prepare 2 lbs of shredded provolone.
- You need 4 lbs of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- It's 3 TBS of olive oil.
- It's 1 TBS of black pepper.
- It's 1 TBS of salt.
- Prepare 1 TBS of red crushed pepper.
- Prepare 4 TBS of freezed dried basil.
- You need 2 TBS of Italian seasoning.
- It's 2 TBS of parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of minced garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of minced onion.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It's 3 (9 oz) of boxes of lasagna noodles.
Mighty 25lb Bolognese Lasagna instructions
- Get all your inventory together, make sure you didn't forget anything. You will need (2) 9x13x2 pans or (1)17x14x3 used here today. Large skillet to fit 5lbs of meat. 8qt pan for sauce mix and extra large bowl for cheese mix..
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat pan. Add the meat and mash around until its browned..
- While meat is cooking, minced up a large onion, add spices into two containers, one is for sauce mix other is for cheese mix.Sauce mix: 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper, 1/2 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon red crushed pepper, 2 tablespoonz of basil, 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon of parsley. Cheese mix: 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper, 1/2 tablespoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of basil, 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning and 1 tablespoon of parsley..
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, spices and drained cooked meat to 8qt sauce pan. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a clean pan and sweat onions until they start to become translucent. Add into sauce mix. Put this on medium/low and stir occasionally for 45 mins..
- While sauce mix is doing it's thing, grab extra large bowl.. I needed a bigger one.. add ricotta cheese, spices, 2lbs of mozzarella and 1lbs of provolone and mix well..
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, coating it with a paper towel. 5 layers going in..add about 2 tablespoons of water on noodles each layer.. not a lot. Start with adding a layer of sauce mix. Following with a layer of lasagna noodles. Next cheese mix, noodles, sauces, cheese, noodles, sauce, cheese, noodle sauce, cheese, noodle, last bit of cheese mix. Should be 1/2 inch from the top of pan left for next step..
- Layer on 2lbs of mozzarella cheese and final 1 lb of provolone cheese. Give the pan a good shake and press down lightly on cheese to fill in the voils and remove any air bubbles. Place toothpicks to keep aluminum foil from sticking, add foil and let sit in the fridge for minimum of 8hrs..
- Preheat oven to 375° and bake for 90 minutes..
- Remove aluminum foil and continue to bake another 40 mins..
- Ready to serve, let cool for 20 mins..