Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. This homemade spaghetti sauce recipe was passed down from my Sicilian grandma. It has been used for generations and you can't mess it up! It is really easy and tastes SO much better than the store.
Taste the difference with Homemade Spaghetti Sauce from Delish.com. If Julia Child taught America how to roast chicken, Marcella Hazan taught us how to make good pasta. Homemade Spaghetti Sauce is so full of flavor and it's easy to make it in large batches for freezing or canning for easy homemade meals that are prepared. You can have Homemade Spaghetti Sauce using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 3 of basil leaves.
- It's 1 clove of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 of fresh oregano.
- You need 1/4 of fresh parsley.
- You need 1/2 cup of red onion (sliced).
- It's 1 large of green, red & yellow bell pepper (strips).
- It's 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sea salt.
- It's 1 pinch of fresh ground peppercorns.
- It's 1 dash of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 2 of 8oz. cans tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 jar of Bertolli Sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of EVOO.
- You need 8 large of vine rippened tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 cup of Water.
- It's 1/2 stick of Hershey's Dark Chocolate (secret ingredient).
- It's of Meat.
- You need 2 lb of 80/20 cooked hamburger.
- You need 1 cup of ground, cooked sausage.
- It's of Utensils.
- You need 1 of Cooking Pot (for sauce).
- You need 1 large of Skillet.
- It's 1 of Pairing Knife.
- It's 1 of Wooden Spoon.
Homemade Canned Spaghetti Sauce Step-by-Step Tutorial. Homemade Canned Spaghetti Sauce is FAR better than anything you can find in a store. You'll love the rich, savory flavor. The best way to use fresh garden tomatoes!
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce instructions
- 1/4 each tomato; take pairing knife n "fillet" skin off of tomato OR "flash steam" tomatoes n boiling water for 10-15 sec. till skin slides off; put in lg. cooking pot w/ 4 cps. water (don't throw skin away); put skin n Ziploc & put n fridge for my Bruschetta. Then slice peppers & onion, set aside..
- Cook n drain grease from hamburger n sausage. Combine, cover & set n bowl alone..
- Put tomato 1/4's & water & tomato paste n pot on stove n turn heat on low like simmer. Add meat. Stir frequently..
- Sauté peppers & onion n skillet w/ a drizzle of EVOO for 2-3 min. on MED heat. Add to pot. Stir..
- Add rest of ingredients "EXCEPT the Hershey's"!!!.
- Stir frequently & let simmer for 45 min. to 1hr. over low heat..
- Turn heat OFF. Now u can add secret ingredient. Stir until melted & cover..
- Add to your fav noodles. Enjoy with a tasty red wine..
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce With Canned Tomatoes Recipes. Mom's Homemade Spaghetti SauceA Healthy Slice of Life. This homemade spaghetti sauce recipe is made with ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry and will become a dinner staple! This homemade spaghetti sauce is so fresh and full of spices, garlic, red wine, and tomatoes! It's vegan friendly and perfect over noodles, chicken parm, etc!