best ever spaghetti sauce. The BEST EVER Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. Growing up, we rarely used jarred tomato sauce because we always made our own homemade spaghetti sauce. Because I was young, I never thought anything of it.
It's easy, tasty, and very well could be the world's best spaghetti sauce ever! This is my favorite spaghetti sauce recipe. It comes from a freezer cookbook called Once a Month Cooking. You can have best ever spaghetti sauce using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of best ever spaghetti sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chopped basil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It's 16 oz of pasta of choice.
- You need 24 oz of marinara sauce, i use newman's own.
- Prepare 1 cup of approximately, chopped pepperoni.
- It's 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of rosemary.
This makes alot so plan on freezing about half of the recipe. A chunky sauce full of mouth watering surprises. I like really good spaghetti sauce on really good pasta. This is the best spaghetti sauce.
best ever spaghetti sauce step by step
- boil water in 8 quart pot, add 1 tsp salt if desired. add noodles cook until done and drain.
- crumble ground turkey into pan, add basil, garlic, oregano, onion and rosemary. cook until done and drain.
- add marinara and pepperoni cook on medium-low heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- put noodles in a bowl top with as much sauce as you like. garlic bread makes a great side.
My first two wives were italian. This recipe is as good or better. I did make a couple changes. I deleted the mushrooms my present wife hates mushrooms, I would like to keep her. I did not use the Parmesan cheese either.