Taisen's spaghetti sauce. Taisen's spaghetti sauce I made this the other night. it was good. The right combination of tomato, garlic, herbs and olive oil is what makes a marinara sauce so satisfying. When ladled over your favorite pasta or used in a tasty baked pasta dish like this Florentine spaghetti bake, the sauce can make the dish.
I will def use as a base recipe again. The light heat and mild piney notes deepen the flavor of the sauce. You should use black pepper sparingly as too much of it can make a pasta sauce bitter. You can have Taisen's spaghetti sauce using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taisen's spaghetti sauce
- You need 2 lb of hamburger.
- You need 3-4 cans of petite cut tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato paste to thicken it.
- Prepare 1 of pepper or peppercorn.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of italian seasoning.
- You need 1 of red pepper if you want extra spice.
- Prepare 1 of garlic powder or you can use cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of all of the seasoning is to your taste. add however much or little you prefer.
- Prepare 1 of oil.
- Prepare 1 packages of or box of pasta.
If you are making a white pasta sauce such as an alfredo sauce, you can opt for white pepper instead. Sweetness is one of the important flavor notes in a tomato-based pasta sauce. This spaghetti sauce recipe freezes beautifully and lasts for several months in freezer bags or freezer-safe containers. Just make sure to thaw the sauce completely in the refrigerator before re-heating.
Taisen's spaghetti sauce instructions
- Fry the hamburger in a skillet or frying pan until brown. while frying it add in some Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper.
- Drain your hamburger. you don't want the grease.
- Slice up your onion. fry it in a small amount of oil about 2 to 3 tablespoons. add about 1 to 3 teaspoons of Italian seasoning..
- Open the cans of tomatoes. drain the juice. put them into a pot on the stove. turn heat up to about medium. add in all the seasonings : pepper, salt, red pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning. stir and cover with a lid. you want the tomatoes to cook down.keep an eye on this and stir it every so often.
- Add in hamburger to the tomatoes.
- Add onion into the pot with the hamburger and tomatoes.
- If it needs to thicken add in tomato paste.
- Stir and let this bubble a bit keeping a close eye so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. after 30 minutes turn the heat down to low and let this simmer. I let mine cook for 3 hours. you can go longer or less time.
- Cook your pasta when your ready to start eating. serve the sauce over the pasta and enjoy.
This spaghetti sauce recipe may be the first thing I learned to cook, completely by myself, when I was really young. As I got better at cooking and baking (and because I loved it so much) I can specifically remember two recipes my Mom would let me make all by myself: this homemade spaghetti sauce, and our family's favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Here is my family spaghetti sauce recipe passed down from my grandmother in Italy - it is the best one you will ever cook - don't trust me - try it! Any longer than that, you may just want to freeze it for later. You may notice that soy sauce is a key ingredient in this recipe.