Perfect Spaghetti Sauce.
You can cook Perfect Spaghetti Sauce using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Perfect Spaghetti Sauce
- It's 2 lb of ground Italian sausage, mild.
- Prepare 1 of Vidalia onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 can of diced tomatoes (28 oz).
- Prepare 2 can of tomato paste (6 oz. ea.).
- You need 2 can of tomato sauce (15 oz. ea.).
- It's 1 cup of water (for long simmer times only).
- It's 3 tsp of basil.
- It's 2 tsp of dried parsley flakes.
- It's 3 of bay leaves.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It's 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red wine (can substitute with Worcestershire sauce).
- Prepare 1 of cooked spaghetti noodles.
- You need 1 of Parmesan cheese.
Perfect Spaghetti Sauce step by step
- In large, heavy stockpot, brown Italian sausage, breaking up as you stir..
- Add onions and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until onions are softened..
- Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and water. (I usually add the garlic a couple minutes after adding onions, but several minutes before adding sauce, but you have to be careful not to let the garlic burn.).
- Add basil, parsley, bay leaves, brown sugar, salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper..
- Stir well and barely bring to a boil..
- Stir in red wine. Simmer on low, stirring frequently for at least an hour. A longer simmer makes for a better sauce, just be careful not to let it burn!.
- Cook spaghetti noodles to package directions..
- Spoon sauce over drained spaghetti noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese..
- *The left-over spaghetti sauce freezes well to use with lasagna. http://www.food.com/recipe/jo-mamas-world-famous-spaghetti-22782.