Quick Homemade meat sauce (spaghetti sauce)(Italian gravy).
You can have Quick Homemade meat sauce (spaghetti sauce)(Italian gravy) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick Homemade meat sauce (spaghetti sauce)(Italian gravy)
- Prepare 1 can of tomato paste or puree.
- You need 5 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground beef or sausage.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of basil.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 pinch of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (grated).
Quick Homemade meat sauce (spaghetti sauce)(Italian gravy) instructions
- Brown the meat and make certain it is chopped up into small bits.
- Add the oil tomato and meat.
- Add the spices.
- Add the cheese.
- I usually make this to taste rather than actual measurements ...above are my guesstimates to what I usually add..
- You can add and/or subtract the spices to your liking. A good option is adding minced onions and Romano cheese. You can also make this a vegetarian dish by leaving out the meat. Or you can make meatballs and add them to this just before serving... I prefer the meat added in beforehand because it gives the sauce more flavour..
- If using fresh garlic I suggest one or 2 slivers depending on how garlicy you want it..
- The longer the sauce simmers the better it gets. If you have literally all day use 5-10 fresh tomatoes and mash them well and drain the water as best you can and use the recipe above. It will take a few hours to make the sauce as desired. Paste will reduce the time to about 20 mins total and will produce a very thick sauce. puree will take about 30-45 minutes and the sauce will be less thick than the paste but will make a nice thick sauce..
- Please read the description on the photos as well as they give more info about the recipe :).