Grandma's spaghetti sauce. Grandma Maggio handed down her recipe for a sweet, garlicky tomato sauce with lots of fresh mushrooms and basil, and a hint of red wine. All Reviews for Grandma Maggio's Spaghetti Sauce. Great grandma's pasta sauce is an authentic pasta sauce recipe passed down from four Great Grandma's Pasta Sauce has been passed down through the generations and it originated from a.
When I was little, my favorite meal was my Grandma's spaghetti and meatballs. It was still yummy in the crockpot. It only took a few minutes to put the sauce together and turn the pot on high. You can have Grandma's spaghetti sauce using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma's spaghetti sauce
- Prepare of spaghetti sauce.
- You need 5 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce.
- It's 1 of italien seasoning.
- It's 1 of basil.
- It's 1 of minced garlic.
- It's 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need of salt.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper flakes.
I got this recipe from my Grandmother. It's a basic tomato sauce that can have many things added to it to be more elaborate. This traditional spaghetti sauce from scratch recipe is so simple and easy that you will never need another! It has been passed down through the generations in my family, and it is a real winner!
Grandma's spaghetti sauce instructions
- Chop the tomatoes into chunks and put into a large pot or crock pot.
- Pour the tomato sauce in with the tomatoes and put on medium heat.
- While that's heating up, lightly brown the garlic and onion with some red pepper flakes in a frying pan with the olive oil..
- Once they are soft and lightly browned add to the tomatoes.
- Add the Italian seasoning, basil, and salt to taste. Tip: because the Italian seasoning is dried you will need a lot. I use probably 2-4 tablespoons. If you use dried basil add extra..
- Stir and cover. Let simmer on LOW heat for 2-3 hours. Or until the sauce is bubbly and the tomatoes are soft.
- Take the cover off and turn the heat up to medium low heat. Let simmer until the sauce thickens to your preference..
- Add to spaghetti pasta, homemade lasagna, goolash or whatever you want! I like to add Italian sausage and use it in lasagna.
This homemade spaghetti sauce recipe was passed down from my Sicilian grandma. It has been used for generations and you can't mess it up! It is really easy and tastes SO much better than the store. Mix all ingredients together except hamburger. Below is one of my very favorite pictures with my grandparents, Alexis and Landen.